Wednesday, June 18, 2014

CLAIM #1: Drinking 3 Litres of Water a Day Took Ten Years off My Face!

Day 1

So I've decided to do this experiment first as I've always wondered how much my life would improve by such a simple task.  I'm not doing it to save my face because as you can see, taking ten years off my face would give me the equivalent of a 16-year-old and thats not the goal here, I don't want people to think I had my baby when I was 12.  I struggle with some pretty heavy symptoms and as a self-proclaimed hypochondriac, they led me to believe I had a brain tumor or something of the sort.  My current symptoms include all day head aches, dizziness, acne (ok, maybe un-related to the other symptoms), a bit detached from reality, itching palms and feet, general memory issues, Bad Digestion (About 1 Stool Every 2-3 Days, too much information?  there's no such thing here!)  and so on and so on.  If theres a doctor in the house and this sounds familiar, please diagnose me.  But until then, I've heard this is the simplest way to solve several of those problems. So, lets give it a whirl and see if it makes me look good in the process.

My first lesson of the day:  Always wash your vesicle beforehand and prep your filtered water pitcher. I'm drinking warmish water as a result, I know they've invented ice cubes, but I just don't like the taste.  I'm using my husband's Nalgene, which I find to be perfect as it has both oz and ml on it.   I suggest getting one and then cleaning it out overnight for next day's use.

So my first question is how much do I drink?  I've done a bit of research and 3 litres isn't the recommended amount for everyone.  I found a nifty hydration calculator that you can access below via the Article 1 link, that is easy to use and takes into consideration many personal factors.  Mine came to 2.3 Liters.  At Article 2 link, It suggests 2.2 Liters so I feel I'm on the right track.  I think I'll go with my personal recommendation of 2.3 Liters.

So why not go with the claimed 3 Liters suggested in the original Article (you can access this at Article 3 below)?  Have you ever heard of over drinking water?  I was curious and did some research on the topic and found that the real concern is drinking too much too fast.  So make sure if you decide to undertake this along side me to not save all your drinking until night or try to fit it all in in the morning.  I found the 3 liters a little excessive considering all the other recommendations and don't want my cells to erupt or my electrolytes to rush out of my body alongside the undesirables.

                                                                          DAY ONE

Article 1:  http://nutrition.about.com/library/blwatercalculator.htm
Article 2:  http://www.mayoclinic.org/healthy-living/nutrition-and-healthy-eating/in-depth/water/art-20044256
Article 3:  http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2480491/How-drinking-litres-water-day-took-years-face.html

No comments:

Post a Comment